By Daniel Werner / ExperimentalScene
DarkWave Studio is a free, open source, Digital Audio Workstation for Windows. Featuring a modular Virtual Studio, Pattern Editor, Sequence Editor and Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder. It has support for VST/VSTi instrument and effect plugins. The virtual studio has a modular design allowing machines to be connected in an ad-hoc fashion. The pattern editor enables the quick creation and modification of patterns by clicking to add or delete notes and dragging notes to move or resize them. The sequence editor allows you to queue patterns to play for each control track in any arrangement, enabling reuse of patterns and quickly remixing projects. The Multitrack Hard Disk Recorder allows you to record the output of any machine and record it to 16-bit Integer of 32-bit Floating Point PCM encoded .WAV files for full-quality post-production editing or for conversion to MP3/FLAC/etc.
- Native x64 and x86 Windows Platform Support
- VST PlugIn Support - Limitlessly Expandable With Instrument and Effects PlugIns
- ASIO Audio Driver Support - Low Latency Output
- Multi Core / Multi CPU Support
- Makes Use Of SSE2 Optimizations When Supported By The CPU
- Full 64-bit Double Precision Floating Point Audio Processing
- MIDI Input - Play Instruments From A Music Keyboard
- ES Mixer - 8 Track Stereo Mixer With 2 Auxilary Tracks
- ES DGenR8 - Synthesize Drum Beats With Roland TR-909 Flavour
- ES BassHead - Top Notch Virtual Analog Subtractive Synthesizer
- ES SpatialVerb - Realistic Reverb Effects With The Smoothest Sound
- ES Stomp - Synthesize That Classic Techno Thumping Kick Drum
- ES AntiAlias - 32x Digital Oversampling Filter
- ES QuadDelay - For Trippy Echo Effects
Studio Pattern Editor Sequencer HD Recorder
- Fixed the Mono Hard Disk Recorder from writing garbled data when saving as a 32-bit float PCM encoded .wav file.
- Fixed a bug where the project would become corrupted and would save incorrectly due to loading a project using a VST plug-in not found during startup.
- Fixed a bug causing ES QuadDelay to crash.
- Both the Mono and Stereo Hard Disk Recorder machines were not given a UniqueID to load the machines back when opening a saved project. Fixed.
- Fixed yet another problem with sequencer timing, it was skipping quite bad at the end of the sequence when looping the sequence, most noticeably when using a large audio output buffer.
- Fixed a problem with the Sequence Editor drawing a couple of extra gridlines to the right of the grid.
- Updated the appearance of the HD Recording tracks in the HD Recorder to look right with the new theme.
- Lots of changes to the visual appearance.
- Fixed another sequencer timing bug.
- Fixed a bug in ES SpatialVerb's filter causing it to massively distort.
- Note View of the Pattern Editor now scrolls to the middle area (vertically) when it loads a pattern to edit.
- Fixed a bug in ES BassHead (Polyphonic) where it was responding to a note on message by activating two voices instead of one. When a note off arrives, one voice would sustain.
Platform SupportWindows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Note: You should uninstall any previously installed version of ExperimentalScene software before installing the new one. My uninstallers only remove what that version has placed on your computer. They will not remove obsolete files from previous versions.
DarkWave Studio 2.9.9 Setup (.exe) 2128 KB DarkWave Studio 2.9.9 Source Code (.zip) 1138 KB
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Posted by Jeff Thomas at 7:16 PM